Unlike a general dentist, a prosthodontist specializes in smile reconstruction. These experts understand how dental implants will impact your smile, know how to balance your bite, evaluate issues like bruxism and ensure that your normal speech pattern is not affected by the dental implant.
Prosthodontists can also customize your dental implants to fit your individual needs. The result is the most attractive, beneficial and appropriate restoration for you.
Tips for Choosing a Prosthodontist
– Prosthodontists are not required to be board certified in some states, but many opt to pursue the distinction. Before selecting a prosthodontist, ask if he or she is certified.
– Ask to see records of specialty training the prosthodontist has recently completed.
– For the best results, choose a prosthodontist whose office uses 3D imaging.
– Ask to see before and after pictures of the prosthodontist’s former patients. These photos will give you insight to the specialist’s track record in the treatment you require.
– As a specialized dental field, prosthodontics is always advancing. Talk to your candidates about the most cutting-edge treatments and how they can be used to give you the best smile possible.
– Choose a prosthodontist who compassionately and carefully listens to your needs.
When considering dental implants, do your research and choose the treatment plan and dental implant specialist that you are most comfortable with. Your smile is worth seeing the right Chicago prosthodontist!