The toothache isn’t easy to endure. The good news: With improved dental care and regular checkups, the excruciating pain of a toothache is not as common as it once was.
But when pain does occur in the mouth, it’s an important signal that you should not ignore – even if it goes away on its own.
You should consider yourself very lucky if you have not gone through the anguish and agony of toothache.
But you never know it can really hurt you in near future. So you should always have some knowledge regarding some home remedies for Toothache Pain Relief.
Be prepared to prevent that immediate, unbearable pain. Although, visit to dentist is always on the cards there, these time proven home remedies offer amazing instant relief from the agony of tooth ache.
Endodontists Offer Tips for Relieving Dental Pain
- Don’t ignore minor or transient pain. It may be a sign of a problem that can be treated before a serious toothache develops. Sharp pain on biting may be a symptom of a cracked or loose filling, a crack in a tooth or decay.
- Toothaches seem to hurt more at night because the blood goes to your head when you lie down. Elevating your head may help ease the pain.
- If you’re afraid of dental work, talk to your dentist about your fears. This can help ease anxiety, and studies show that relaxed patients feel less pain.
- If you feel pain during treatment, tell the dentist. In most cases, something can be done to alleviate any discomfort.
- Take care of your teeth. Brush, floss and get regular check-ups. It’s the best way to avoid dental pain and to keep your teeth for a lifetime.
Nonconventional Advice about How to Stop Toothache
- Cow Parsnip Seed Tincture – 5 drops or so of this tincture can be very helpful for relieving the pain of some toothaches, if the problem is near surface.
- Wisdom tooth pain relief comes most effectively from a narcotic such as codiene, hydrocodone, or oxycodone. Most manufacturers combine the use of over-the-counter analgesics with narcotics to achieve more effective pain relief.
- Ice offers excellent numbing properties. Hold the ice around affected area and try to compress it there. Most often, the pain gets reduced as it is excellent in suppressing pain at nerve endings.
- Get cucumber from any vegetable stores, cut it into thicker slices. Hold these pieces on and around the tooth that is paining and it will start working to give soothing effect. If cucumber is refrigerated, it is better as its very chillness acts as catalyst to its soothing effect.
- Place a small stack of dried peppermint leaves around the aching tooth for 15 minutes and then spit out. Repeat this procedure10 to 15 times a day. Peppermint acts in a dual way. First, it brings the abscess to the upper surface if there any and then acts as pain killer.
- Among the most effective home remedies for toothache is garlic. A clove of garlic with a little rock salt should be placed on the affected tooth. It will relieve the pain and, sometimes, may even cure it. A clove should also be chewed daily in the morning. It will make the cure teeth making it strong and healthy.
Most probably, toothaches start at night when there is little you can try than to swallow the pills of pain killer and wait till medical aid in agony. So, just don’t panic. Search your kitchen shelves and you will find numerous ways to get the relief from pain.