Dental Reconstruction or Reconstructive Dentistry is one and the same thing. When dental problems are no more tolerable, a full mouth reconstruction becomes the urgent need of the hour. Dentists then create a complete plan of restorative dentistry which sorts out issues of health, operation, and look of teeth and gums.
What Is Reconstructive Dentistry?
It is a form of restorative dentistry which helps repair broken or missing teeth. It also repairs broken bones and torn tissues. They include:
- Full mouth reconstruction
- Restoration of Dental Implant
- TMJ treatment
- Placement of dental bridge
- Placement of dental crown
- Inlays and Onlays
- Replacement of worn out metal fillings
A dentist is generally adapted in undertaking all these treatments but it is always advisable to run through the previous samples of restorative dentistry practiced by the dentist.
Full-mouth reconstruction methods
When the dental issues become too huge a concern, it is advisable to go for full-mouth reconstruction. It incorporates cosmetic dentistry and neuromuscular dentistry and combines their virtues to effect a great line of treatment. Many orthodontic appliances help in structuring the jaw. The jaw is properly placed and after a little bit of associated pain, the procedures are started. Few procedures are:
- Porcelain veneers — Veneers or laminates are bonded into the front panel of the teeth. They compose a part of cosmetic dentistry.
- Onlays — The process is used if the cavity is not large enough for a crown and the fillings show.
- Dental crowns — It is placed to empower and rebuild the tooth
- Dental Implants — If the natural tooth to which a crown is cemented no longer exists, a dental implant is placed in the jaw to make the base of the crown.
- Bridgeworks — This is done if there is a lacuna between the natural teeth
The TMJ Syndrome
When the jaw is aligned for restorative dentistry, we suffer an acute pain. This is called the TMJ syndrome. It is an anomaly which affects the Temporomandibular joints of the jaw. It creates a pain in the head, neck, and also parts of jaw when we chew. Most of the pain ceases with time and can be cured through medicines and jaw related exercises. If this does not help the dentists provide bites and splint for alleviating muscle tension. In case you have to undergo a full-mouth reconstruction, it is always fortunate not to have a TMJ syndrome as it compounds the matter.
Cosmetic dentistry for full mouth reconstruction
It treats missing tooth, lost colors of tooth and even disorientation of teeth. Few processes it follows are:
- Dental bonding — tooth colored composite to the teeth is applied. The bonding resin is further refined, polished, and shaped to replicate the original tooth.
- Tooth colored fillings — They are a relief from silver amalgam fillings which show out badly. They have resins very close to the natural shade of the teeth. The composite hence gives a smart look.
- Porcelain Onlays — They are long lasting artistic restorations which are better than fillings and crown
- Invisalign — it is a invisible braces remedy to straighten teeth for people who wish to avert braces