Seniors confront themselves with quite many hardships when it comes to finding affordable dental care.
When seniors retire, they usually lose their dental insurance that has been provided by the employer, and they must seek another way to have access to affordable dental plans.
Given the fact that there are very few seniors nowadays who have dental insurance, almost every time they visit the dentist they must pay out of pocket for the services.
However, there is not one single clear solution existent that will redirect them to a dental office where prices are low, but there are quite many options that seniors should consider before choosing a dentist.
Here are some helpful hints that will help seniors cut the costs effectively:
- Asking your own dentist for a discount / program specifically tailored for seniors. Even if the dentist can only offer a discount of 10%, that is already extremely helpful.
- Joining a network where there are several dental discounts on the line. You will have to pay an annual membership fee (typically between $80 and $200) and you will get eligible for dental work discount of even up to 50%
- Going to a dental school clinic. These clinics generally offer extremely good services at affordable prices. The dental care is being offered by students who are being supervised by extremely professional dental experts, teachers, etc. Here, you will get eligible to pay only 1/3 of the price a traditional dentist charges.
- For teeth cleanings, you can go to the local dental college. These colleges generally offer plenty of such dental hygiene programs.
- Check for discounted and even free dental services at the Health Centers located all across the U.S. These centers are federally funded, so you will have to pay only a fraction of the amount you would normally pay at the dentist’s.
As you can note, there are several ways that you can have access to discounted dental work rates, or even to free oral health care services.
Make sure to ask around in time, starting with your dentist and ending with the health centers and dental colleges that are available in your area.