The market of dental services has a specific niche in aesthetic dentistry. And speaking about it, we can’t forget about such kind of teeth restoration as dental veneers.
Now dental veneers are enjoying very high popularity among patients who want to have a beautiful and charming smile.
What are dental veneers?
Dentists call dental veneers thin, almost transparent, ceramic plates that are glued to the front surface of your teeth, giving them a perfect, flawless look. With a completely natural appearance, dental veneers are formed individually for you.
Next, subtle, non-containing metal veneers adhere to previously prepared tooth enamel by a special dental adhesive. Tooth enamel gets thinner by only 0, 2-0, 7 mm and the cutting edge is shortened by less than 3 mm. This is much less than that is required for the installation of conventional dental crowns. Dental veneer ends on the border with the gum, so its irritation and the beginning of inflammatory process are excluded.
In addition, dental veneer is made up of opaque ceramics, having the color of teeth, so the edge of your own teeth is not visible. Restored tooth looks very natural and amazes for its exceptional aesthetics.
The tooth with veneer does not lose its functional ability as well as the hardness of ceramic materials exceeds the hardness of tooth enamel.
So what are the aesthetic shortcomings that can be hidden with the help of dental veneers?
- The shape of your teeth is far from perfection or does not correspond to what you want.
- You hide your teeth because you have multiple fillings of different colors.
- You have damaged teeth needing restoration
- A possible reason for the deterioration of aesthetics is the change of color of the tooth, which could occur due to smoking, drinking tea or coffee.
Dental veneers as an alternative to orthodontic treatment.
- The distance between the teeth of the upper and lower jaw, especially between the front teeth, does not only spoil the aesthetics, but also leads to violations of pronunciation (lisp)
- Wrong angle of one or more teeth.
- Incorrectly or closely facing teeth.
These defects can be not very significant, but they still spoil the life of a man or woman, especially if their work is connected with communication or public speech. And if you are offered orthodontic treatment, it will take at least a year, maybe more. It is not always easy and not everyone can stand to walk with a special plate or with braces on his teeth.
With dental veneers, all these problems can be solved for far less time.
To keep joy because of your own “new” teeth, and in order to protect you from the gum disease, you will require regular monitoring of dental veneers. Cosmetic dentist is not only responsible for the quality of dental veneers work performed, but also ensure the reliability and longevity of your “new” teeth.