An abscessed tooth must be treated. If it is ignored then complications are inevitable. Here are some of really frequent dangers of tooth abscess:
1. Loss of the tooth – usually pulled off by the dentist because of abscess. It is a painful process and you need to avoid it.
2. Spread of infection to the jaw bone – mandible or maxilla are strongly effected by abscessed tooth infection.
3. Spread of infection to soft tissue – tooth abscess can cause facial cellulite or Ludwig’s angina, a rare disease that is accompanied by fever, deviation of the pharyngeal walls, an impending airway disaster, including muffled voice, inability to tolerate secretions, and protruding tongue.
4. Sinusitis – any infection or inflammation of the sinus cavities behind the nose and eyes. Symptoms vary according to which sinus cavity is infected.
5. Brain abscess – this very important organ is situated close to the infected area. Tooth abscess and abscesses in and around the nasal sinuses, face, ears, and scalp may work their way into the brain.
6. Blood infection – the blood flow increases to the trouble area. If the abscess ruptures into neighboring areas or permits the infectious agent to spill into the bloodstream, serious or fatal consequences are likely. It is called blood poisoning – a term commonly used to describe an infection that has spilled into the blood stream and spread throughout the body from a localized origin. Blood poisoning, known to physicians as septicemia, is also life threatening. In this case important organs are affected like heart, for example.
7. Death – indubitable it is the worst and dangerous complication of abscessed tooth and it must be avoided.
Now you know that the abscessed tooth danger is big enough and next time when you feel uneasiness and dental pain you should not ignore it and pay a visit to the dentist, or treat the dental caries at time. It also reduces the risk of tooth abscess and eases you from its dangers.