With the media exposure that celebrities receive, it is important that their smiles are perfect. Having a Hollywood smile makeover however, it not just for the rich and famous.
You too can get a perfect smile by following the example of your favorite celebrity. If you are wondering about smile makeover cost, this will vary widely depending on what specific work you need.
WorlDental.org researched some stars have paid as much as $50,000 to get their perfect smiles. Implants and veneers can cost anywhere from $5,000 to as much as $40,000 depending on the number of teeth repaired and the specific dentist chosen. Teeth whitening and other procedures are of course much less expensive but not any less important.
Check this out!
Top 25 Funniest Stars without Teeth.
There are a number of celebrities who had gaped, stained, crooked or even chipped and missing teeth at some point. Hollywood dentists have performed thousands of procedures to repair these problems. There are a number of dentists in the New York area as well that perform dentistry to the stars.
So just who are the top choices for cosmetic dentistry for Hollywood’s elite?
Kevin Sands is a cosmetic dentistry specialist who has provided services for a number of celebrities. Dr. Sands is located in the Los Angeles area and performs cosmetic dentistry in Beverly Hills for many stars including: Tori Spelling, Hilary Duff, Robert Downey, Jr., Charlie Sheen, Britney Spears.
Dr. Catrise L. Austin is the preferred dentist to the stars on the East Coast. Dr. Austin’s office in Manhattan, New York provides a number of cosmetic treatments for celebrities in the area for stars such as: Paula Abdul, Isaac Hayes, Malik Yoba, Toni Braxton, Eva Pigford.
15 Stars’ Teeth Before and After Smile Makeover
Knowing which dentists provide the bulk of cosmetic dentistry to celebrities is only half of knowing just how thriving this practice currently is. There are many celebrities who have relied on dentists for braces, veneers, caps, crowns and a number of other cosmetic procedures. WorlDental.org is listing here the 15 most noticeable stars’ smile transformations.
1. Cheryl Cole from X-Factor also had bad teeth during her earlier career days. Her teeth were terribly crooked and she had pointed incisors that resembled fangs. Her teeth were straightened and the fangs were reshaped to give her a more perfect smile. Whitening was also done on her stained teeth and she now sports beautiful porcelain veneers to give her that perfect celebrity smile.
2. Hilary Duff decided to get her first set of porcelain veneers in 2005. However, she did not like the look that the veneers gave her and many critics agreed. Her first set of veneers simply did not look natural. They made her teeth very long and not proportionate with the rest of her face. However, she eventually became so unhappy with the first set that she returned to a cosmetic dentist in 2008 for a revision of her veneers. She now has shorter teeth that look much more natural than the first set that she sported. Various whitening treatments have also helped to make Hilary Duff’s teeth look completely perfect.
3. Zac Efron did not always have a perfect smile. When he first began his career, he had a wide gap between his top front teeth. Invisible braces helped to pull those teeth together and give him a more grownup smile. Teeth Whitening was also in order to help brighten up Efron’s smile. It has been gossiped that Efron spent more than $10,000 having his gap removed and his pearly whites made whiter.
4. Tom Cruise also did not always have a perfect smile. Until he was 39, his teeth were horrible misaligned. He now sports a gorgeous white smile that is estimated to have cost more than $30,000 in total. From alignment procedures to the whitening, Cruise has definitely paid fair change for his overhaul.
5. Kate Beckinsale has admitted openly that she has had cosmetic dentistry done although she has not stated to what extent. Beckinsale likely has had deep cleaning and gum reconturing. Add to that cosmetic teeth whitening procedures and you get the smile that Kate Beckinsale sports today.