Halitosis is quite a frustrating condition, since people are embarrassed to talk to other persons out of fear someone might sense the bad breath.
Moreover, statistics show that well over 40 million Americans struggle with chronic bad breath, and the good news is that in 90% of the cases, halitosis can be cured…
The main factors responsible for the bad breath condition include bacteria buildup on the tongue, breakdown of proteins within the mouth, gum disease complications, tonsilolithis (tonsil stones), a very poor tongue cleaning health regimen or halitophobia (some people are terribly afraid of having a bad breath when talking to other persons).
Well over 90% of the halitosis complications, originate from problems within the mouth. The rest of 10% originate from other underlying issues such as kidney disease, or taking prescription medication which might have as side effect bad breath.
The importance of cleansing thoroughly your mouth
The number one plan of attack against halitosis or bad breath, is to cleanse the mouth thoroughly. You should not pay attention only to brushing your teeth, because halitosis bacteria reside nicely on the surface of the tongue too, and even on the insides of your cheek. Therefore, use a tongue scraper and cleanse thoroughly- you will notice the difference.
Bad breath caused by gum disease
If you struggle with advanced gingivitis or gum disease, you should get proper treatment. After you receive the treatment, you will notice that bad breath will not be a problem anymore. Your dentist will remove the plaque deposits and the tartar from your teeth, and thus your breath will smell fresh and “healthy”
Tonsil Stones & bad breath
Tonsilolithis is quite a serious oral health complication, but it can be treated properly. There are practically whitish “balls” containing debris, bacteria and food particles, which get stuck on the back of your throat (on the tonsils).
These “balls” are basically clusters which are calcified and they get stuck on your tonsils, causing a very bad breath complication. Find out how you can cure your tonsil stones at www.tonsilstones.ca.
Dry mouth and bad breath
When your mouth is dry, saliva does not flow properly. Therefore, the bacteria are not flushed away from your system, and sooner or later you will have to put up with the bad breath complication. Make sure to rinse your mouth several times per day with pure water, and also hydrate well to encourage saliva production.
Also, stay away from using mouthwashes which contain alcohol, as these will dry excessively the mouth. Instead, you should use a homemade mouthwash where you mix lukewarm water with a few drops of essential oil (peppermint or sage) in order to disinfect, freshen and moisten the mouth tissues. This way, you will keep bad breath at bay.