More and more people nowadays are undertaking dental tourism as the next best option for getting the treatment that they need.
They choose dental tourism because it is cheaper, and besides getting proper and high quality treatments at low prices, they also get to travel to beautiful tourism destinations around the world.
In the US, dental care can be extremely expensive especially without enough health coverage. However, it is extremely important to be cautious when it comes to choosing a dental tourism destination.
The following tips will help you avoid scams or traveling to a destination where you will find only cheap but extremely low quality dental health services:
1. Run a background research before buying the tickets for dental tourism. Make sure that the clinic you travel to, indeed has a good reputation. Also, you can check out what other past patients have to say about the respective clinic, by reading through online testimonials on forums, comments on specialty websites and so on.
2. Always book your trip through a dental tourism provider. These providers offer specifically tailored tourism and health packages with all included, and you can also choose specific plan that suits perfectly your budget and needs.
3. Every foreign country has its dangers and risks for tourists. Right before going, make sure to learn about all the possible dangers or risks that you might be facing there. This way, you will be prepared for any unwanted situation.
If you choose to travel to countries of the South America for dental treatment, you should know that the most popular choices are represented by Costa Rica, Mexico, Panama, or Colombia.
However, it is important to keep in mind that only a few of the health care facilities in these dental tourism countries are actually accredited by the Joint Commission International. Two of the accredited dental tourism countries include Brazil and Bermuda.
Mexico is one extremely popular destination. Here you will find dental clinics that adhere to the highest quality standards, and many of the specialists working here have actually gained their diploma in Universities across the US.
From the US, you can travel extremely easily and quickly to Mexico, and this is yet another benefit of choosing this country as a dental tourism destination.
Comparing medical fees, in Mexico you will pay even 50% less for the dental treatments than in the US. There are however, a few disadvantages that you should consider as well:
- Traveling to Mexico can become a dangerous venture, even terrorist attacks can occur
- Pick pocketing is yet another practice that occurs quite often
- It is important to make sure that when you take a taxi you are using only an authorized vehicle, and avoid any scammers
Some other popular choices for dental tourism include countries such as India and Thailand. One of the main disadvantages of choosing these destinations is the fact that the trip is extremely long and exhausting. Therefore choose these countries only when you have to go through extensive dental work.