Costa Rica has become lately a very favored medical tourism destination for patients from all over the world.
Besides being a country where there is high quality patient treatment possible, and where the doctors are highly skilled professionals, the country also offers several entertainment options for tourists.
Therefore, many choose to combine their medical needs with relaxation, and choose Costa Rica for this flexibility.
There are several tourism and retirement services available which help international travelers get the most advantageous quotes both for their vacationing packages and for their dental treatment needs. They basically find the most renowned dental professionals or cosmetic surgeons and then offer you a reasonable quote.
Patients are also redirected towards highly accredited and certified hospitals or clinics, so there is no danger of ending up under the hands of an unprofessional dentist.
Other services that are usually being offered by these medical tourism companies:
- Free treatment consultations
- They make arrangements ahead for lab testing for example
- They also help you with information regarding accommodations
- Transportation to-from the airports
- Help accommodate people that have special needs
- Take care of post-surgical appointments
- Follow up assistance
As you can notice, these services are extremely advantageous, since there is not much running for you. They take care of all the important part of your medical trip, and all you have to do is let yourself guided, have a nice vacation and get all the medical care that you need.
People choose Costa Rica as a main Medical and Dental Tourism destination mainly because:
- They are sick and tired already with the non responsive attitude of the insurance companies
- They are also tired to wait for extremely long periods in order to be able to get an appointment (wehich in case of an emergency is not quite that comfortable!)
- Increasing local costs for healthcare, especially in the fields of dentistry (such as cosmetic dentistry, which is not even covered by any standard insurance!)
In the not so distant future, there will be an even bigger rise in the number of patients who choose Costa Rica as their main Medical and dental tourism spot.