Dental tourism is the practice through which citizens of a country where dental services are extremely expensive, choose to travel to countries where dental services are very affordable.
Such a country with growing market of dental tourism is Romania, which is picked by more and more foreign citizens.
According to several studies in the field of health tourism, Romania will become one of the most affordable spots for dental tourism because:
– Patients will encounter affordable prices for top dental services
– Relatively short dental treatment periods
– Dental offices are equipped with top medical technology devices
– The dental professionals are very well trained
– Huge innovations in the field of cosmetic dentistry are also on the line. This is particularly important, since cosmetic dentistry is the most expensive dental practice in highly developed countries, and it is a service which is usually never covered by a standard insurance policy.
Dental tourism in Romania has already a well rooted tradition for years now. Even more so, there are many patients who combine their medical needs with pleasure, so they schedule their dental treatments for when they have vacation.
Half of the vacation is spent on getting proper medical care for cheap prices, while the other half is spent on real tourism.
One of the main reasons for which prices are now more affordable than ever on dental care plans in Romania, is that the country is trying to build up a healthy and strong industry after the economic downturn it has recently seen.