Financing Dental Care: Accessing Special Credit to Pay for Dental Procedures
The entire world has become a huge plastic card, but whether we like it or not, sometimes these can be helpful. As long as you can manage smartly your finances and you are careful with overspending your card limit, these plastic cards can be on our side.
There are many credit companies out there which offer special credit for healthcare purposes only. There are also special credit lines which are offered to consumers for paying for dental work only (basic, major or cosmetic dental work).
Dental credit: the middle-line solution
Now you might say that for a professional dental cleaning and two annual checkups you will not need a line of credit. It is true, but patients who struggle with truly complex dental issues and need an entire set of dental implants or expensive laser gum disease surgery cannot afford to make a full down payment for these procedures.
Also, these dental needs generally cannot be postponed, so a middle-line solution might be represented by these healthcare/dental credits.
Dental credit: the advantages
One of the main advantages of such a card is that you cannot use it to just shop around and buy things on impulse like it may happen with all the other credit cards. This card can used exclusively to pay for your dental care or vision care at certain providers on a nationwide level who are enrolled in the program. Many people are using this type of credit for truly expensive dental procedures such as:
- paying for the much needed dental implants- a dental implant costs on average $3,500, and if someone needs a full lower or upper arch of teeth, you can already see that for the mainstream patient this is impossible to pay for!
- gum disease treatment- a sort of dental treatment which cannot be postponed even for 2 months, and this treatment too, can be very expensive
Dental credit: Special considerations
A credit card for healthcare purposes (dental care, vision care, etc.) is just credit. This means that you must be extremely careful to keep up with the regular payments. If possible never pay only for the minimum required amount. This means that you will be paying interest only, and nothing goes towards the loan principal. This way, you might accumulate huge debt that is difficult to clear off.
- pay the installments on time to avoid interests adding up
- do not use the card to pay for “unnecessary” cosmetic dentistry procedures- such as getting a teeth whitening every month. This is credit you are using, so keep it for when it is truly needed
- choose a short term plan- take the credit, get the dental care you need, and within 6 and up to 24 months make sure to pay back the credit integrally
- this type of dental care credit should not be taken out only if necessary- i.e. you do not have enough insurance, you can’t pay for your child’s needed dental braces, someone in your family needs dental surgery, implants, and so on.
Categories: Dental Insurance, Dental Products
Topics: Tags: braces cost, consumers, cosmetic, cosmetic dental, cosmetic dental work, cosmetic dentist, cosmetic dentistry, cosmetic dentistry procedure, cosmetic dentistry procedures, credit card