A dental insurance with good coverage will offer you plenty of discounts on a large variety of dental treatments. Therefore, start your research, and learn how to find affordable dental insurance.
Start by drawing up a list with all the dental insurance companies that you are interested in. Use major search engines to find these dental insurance companies, and also read plenty of genuine reviews from users about their experience with these companies.
Make sure to allocate enough quality time for research, in order to get a very good idea about these dental insurance companies and the policies they offer. Make up a list comprising of up to 10 different insurance companies, and then start researching them individually.
Narrow down your research. Start checking out coverage plan prices, coverage & limitations, extra charges, available features, and so on. It is extremely important for the respective dental insurance company to have a very good online presence.
The websites should offer you plenty of handy tools, so that you can find out quickly which coverage would suit you best, and how much this policy will cost you per month/per year.
Important features of dental insurance websites should include:
– User friendly interface- you should be able to browse through pages quickly. Make sure loading time is fast and that you can jump back and forth between links and topics of interest
– A FAQ is a must- here you will be able to find out quickly the most important points regarding the respective dental insurance company. Also, by reading this section you will have access to features, types of plans available, discounts/savings options and the dental insurance costs as well.
– Perfect customer service- contact the insurer by asking for a quote, or asking any other question that interests you. If they do not respond within maximum 24 hours to your email, don’t expect they will respond much faster when you file a claim…
– The website should be extremely rich in informative and educational content. The role of a dental insurance company is not only to sell as much as possible, but also to inform people about the importance of good dental care, the advantages of a good dental insurance, and so on.
Talk to the dental insurance agent. After you have successfully narrowed down your list with dental insurance providers, now it is time to contact the insurance agent by phone. Make sure to ask them as many questions as possible, such as:
– What is the maximum coverage offered through the dental insurance policy they issue?
– Will you be able to choose your own dentist, or do you have to choose one from their network of providers?
– When does coverage enter into force?
As you talk to the agents, don’t forget to take notes. As a last step, take all your notes, compare them and you will see that the most affordable dental insurance option will just pop up in front of your eyes.